Southbank Centre’s Winter FestivalComments Off on Southbank Centre’s Winter Festival
The Southbank Centre’s Winter Festival returns for a second year, focused around the theme of the Gift of Giving.
Invoking the spirit of Charles Dickens, the festival celebrates the importance of generosity and giving at this special time of year. The Southbank’s 21-acre site has been transformed into a magical landscape with giant illuminated white rabbits, a Christmas Tree Maze, bustling markets and twinkling Christmas lights.
The programme is packed with generosity, fun and entertainment for all ages – from world-class theatrical performances and festive concerts, to free social dances, community choirs and activities that explore the joy of giving.
- the return of Dickens’s goodwill classic A Christmas Carol led by Griff Rhys Jones
- free festive singing, twice a day, throughout the festival
- a Christmas market with 50 wooden chalets featuring artisan food and bespoke design and crafts
- Christmas shows for all ages including Meow Meow, axe-juggling Quebecois family Cirque Alfonse, La Soirée, Slava’s Snowshow and Fascinating Aida
- a magical Christmas Tree Maze made of 300 real blue spruce Christmas trees
- Southbank Centre Express train taking passengers across the riverfront
- a vintage New Year’s Eve party returns with exclusive access to the Southbank Centre and the London fireworks
The festival is free to attend but some shows and events require a paid-for ticket.
Source Article from http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/event/40307288