Pantechnicon joins 21st century with new Belgravia bar vibeComments Off on Pantechnicon joins 21st century with new Belgravia bar vibe
The Pantechnicon, designed in the Greek Revival style with Doric columns facing the street, first opened its doors in 1830 as a gallery, furniture shop and storage facility for its well-to-do residents.
Its grand neo-classical façade was the only part of the building not destroyed in a fire in 1874.
Now owner Grosvenor Estates has leased the building to Cubitt House, the company behind upmarket pubs and eateries in Belgravia including the existing Pantechnicon Rooms, which are also on Motcomb Street and likely to be renamed.
The opening is set for 2017 and will see the new food and retail emporium set over six floors, including a basement and a south-facing roof terrace.